Sunday, January 16, 2011

My Ten Favourite Christian Songs: 7/10

This Christian musician is probably the most obscure of my favourites, even taking into account my affinity for Rick Cua.  He is also the most recent addition to my list of favourites.

He is Mark Mallett, a small-town boy who grew up to marry and have eight kids (so far).  I was first introduced to his music when I sang with the worship team at St. Mary's Church when we lived in Ottawa about ten years ago - our worship leader had attended John Paul II Bible School with Mark in Radway, Alberta.  Just a few years ago, I met him in person at a small Christian music festival called "Rock The Grott" in St. Malo, Manitoba.  I purchased some albums and a songbook, and was drawn to his prayerful worship style.

One of my favourite songs is Let The Lord Know (follow the link to listen to a snippet of the song).  It's got a catchy tune, and the lyrics are based around the seven sacraments in the Catholic Church, which I thought was very clever.  If you like it, you can purchase it from Mark Mallett's website.

I'd highly recommend it, if for no other reason than he's a professional Catholic musician from Saskatchewan.  His wife told a joke at Rock The Grott: What's the difference between an professional Catholic musician and two extra large pizzas?  Two extra large pizzas can feed a family of ten.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, but must be on topic. Spam, hateful/obscene remarks, and shameless self-promotion will be unceremoniously deleted. Well, OK, I might put on a little ceremony when I delete them.