Thursday, January 17, 2008

An Invitation

Within the dual pressures of the despair of crumbling job satisfaction and the spiritual valley through which I'm trudging these days, I am sensing an invitation from God.

It spurns, as is not unusual for me, out of a Christian rock song from the '80s. Also not surprising to my regular readers is that this is a Rick Cua rock song. Its title is "Line of Fire."

The lyrics - in their cheesy '80s glory - go something like this:

He's been watching you all through the night
He's been keeping your soul in his sights
With every second feel the hunger grow
Where or when love strikes, you'll never know

He takes careful aim
He sees you in the distance
You are the target, he can't miss

Step into his line of fire
He's lookin' for you, his heart's desire
Step into his line of fire
He's comin' at you with rapid fire

Scripturally, this is basically, "Behold, I stand at the door and knock" from John's Apocalypse. I am sensing an invitation from the Lord to make myself vulnerable to him. This is immeasurably difficult for me. I ask for your prayers as I struggle to accept this invitation.

1 comment:

Comments are welcome, but must be on topic. Spam, hateful/obscene remarks, and shameless self-promotion will be unceremoniously deleted. Well, OK, I might put on a little ceremony when I delete them.