Friday, April 06, 2007

Passion Poem

God's command is pressing from above;
Serpent's fang is biting from beneath.
Fulcrum's pivot: Never doubt his love.
"Peter, put your sword back in its sheath."

"This is me, so take, consume me now."
All his life's ambition is for you.
Drops of blood, as sweat, roll down his brow.
"Father, it is your will I will do."

Heart so hurt by sleeping friends below.
"Can not you stay awake for just one hour?"
Soldiers come. A kiss - a fatal blow.
"God has given me into your power."

"I find no guilt or crime within this man."
"Let his blood be on our own hands then!"
Amen, Amen, Amen!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like the lyrics to something that Creed or a Christian rock band might sing...

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome, but must be on topic. Spam, hateful/obscene remarks, and shameless self-promotion will be unceremoniously deleted. Well, OK, I might put on a little ceremony when I delete them.