Thursday, August 31, 2006

True, True, True #9

An interesting point made by Diogenes today: "It's easier to get hold of a shepherd's crook than a flock."

He's talking about the trend among mainstream Protestant churches that ordain women, but can more easily find homes for them in professorships or episcopal chairs than as actual pastorettes. Seems the parishioners just don't turn out for the ladies.

A good read - check it out.

Reminds me of what an old friend once cautioned me when I was considering becoming a pastor as a Protestant myself: "There are many people who aren't called to the ministry, but go anyway."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, but must be on topic. Spam, hateful/obscene remarks, and shameless self-promotion will be unceremoniously deleted. Well, OK, I might put on a little ceremony when I delete them.