Wednesday, August 02, 2006

This Is Broken

One of the advantages of working for a huge multinational corporation - if there are any - is that we get to partake of some often lucrative discounts with major retailers.

Like this one, with Office Depot. My kids' school has a financial partnership with them, where the school gets a portion of the profit on all items purchased there. So when I saw the discount program on our corporate intranet for Office Depot, I was excited.

The details on the program didn't indicate how much the discount was, so I checked their website while logged in under my company's id. Then I checked the website as an anonymous user, which would have no discounts visible.

I was rather puzzled to discover that every item I found was the same price in both views.

Except this pack of pencils. What's wrong with this picture?



That's some discount.

Check out http://www.thisisbroken.com/ for more of the same type of stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, but must be on topic. Spam, hateful/obscene remarks, and shameless self-promotion will be unceremoniously deleted. Well, OK, I might put on a little ceremony when I delete them.