Sunday, July 16, 2006

Guess Where, Continued

Seeing as I've either stumped you or you're ignoring me, I've added a few more pics to give the sleuths among you a few more things to go on.

This church is located less than 2 hours from where I'm staying. It was finished in 1910, and all these paintings were by Berthold Imhoff.

The ceiling above the sanctuary:


Outside, above the main doors:


The ceiling above the main congregation:

The Tabernacle, to the left of the sanctuary :


To the right of the sanctuary:


Looking west towards the front doors:



[If you still need another hint...]

1 comment:

  1. I just posted on my blog the role that art and a Jewish Art History professor played in my conversion to Catholicism.

    Thanks for sharing this glorious architecture and religous art!
    Blessing,
    Kitchen Madonna

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome, but must be on topic. Spam, hateful/obscene remarks, and shameless self-promotion will be unceremoniously deleted. Well, OK, I might put on a little ceremony when I delete them.