Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Lenten Sacrifice

In the spirit of Lent, my posts for the next 40 days + intervening Sundays will be in purple.



Normally I try to do something directly spiritual for Lent, such as increased time in daily prayer as well as intense journaling.

This year, I've decided to do something a little different.

Stew Smith, as retired Navy SEAL and fitness instructor, has a Lenten gift: a free 45 day workout plan, complete with diagrams. Here's the file (evil .pdf format!).

Those of you who know me, or who have at least seen me, would know that I'm inclined to be grateful for Stew's expertise in this matter. In other words, I feel more comfortable with Fat Tuesday than with Ash Wednesday. So starting a workout plan, while still focusing on the needs of the spirit, will be a big challenge and sacrifice for me.

That's all for now... but let me publicly pledge that I have a more important post coming, when I can find the time to compose it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, but must be on topic. Spam, hateful/obscene remarks, and shameless self-promotion will be unceremoniously deleted. Well, OK, I might put on a little ceremony when I delete them.